Have you considered where you'll live as you grow older? Maybe your parents are exploring their options right now. Next week, Choices: Senior Living Options, a four-part telesummit will be hosted by Dale Carter of Transition Aging Parents.
Taking place at 8pm Eastern time November 2-5, the telesummit will feature experts discussing one of four senior living options:
Monday, November 2 - Aging in Place
Mark Hager, Co-owner of Age in Place Networks, LLC
Tuesday, November 3 - Continuing Care Retirement Community
Jill Gilbert, Vice President, Caring.com and founder The Gilbert Guide
Wednesday, November 4 - Assisted Living
Lisa Sneddon, Founder, Senior Living Experts
Thursday, November 5 - Nursing Home
Eleanor Feldman Barbera, PhD, Nursing home psychologist
Each expert will answer questions include:
- What is this living option? Why would someone choose this option over one of the others?
- What are the benefits and disadvantages of making this choice?
- After we make this choice, how do we find the right place?
- What's the cost and how do we pay for it? Where can we get financial help?
- How can I best help transition my aging parent to this new type of living situation?
- How will I know when it's time to make a change to another option?